Get this Week’s Episode:
Kevin Larrabee (Twitter), Jonathan Fass,
Leigh Peele (Twitter) and Mike Roussell
- TurbulenceTraining.com– Boost Muscle Growth and Blowtorch Bodyfat!!!
- BlackStarLabs.com (Save 10% with “FIT10″ code in comments section at checkout)
- RobertsonTrainingSystems.com – High Octane Corrective Exercise and Performance Enhancement
- Mike Roussell Interview coming up at the end
- The FitCast Insider back for the month of October
- Voice Mailbox
- Leigh’s new website
- Mike Boyle on Next Weeks show
- Mid-Week Episodes
- Hey Kevin: Love the show.
- I’ve been working on getting in great shape since last February, 08. I’m a 46 year old male, 5’10”, 175 – 180 pounds. I’ve been working pretty hard with weight training — 3 times a week — and cardio — 3-5 times a week. I lost about 25 pounds in the first several months (my worst weight was 195 pounds) — a little bit at a time — and have since re-gained about 10 pounds — mostly muscle. I caliper test at about 12 percent bodyfat (give or take – I have a pretty crappy caliper).
I’m generally pleased with where I am. I have some nice definition in my abs, and I can make out a pretty decent 6 pack when I tense my stomach, but . . . I have a stubborn layer of fat over top of my abs and to the sides — the love handles. I’d also like my waist to be a bit narrower. I’m keeping up with the resistance training and the cardio, but is there a simpler method for melting the last bit of belly fat? I don’t feel the need to loose much more general fat, but I’d love to see the belly fat go.
I’m eating very well — tapering carbs through the day, taking general nutritional supplements — multivitamin, fish oil, soluble fiber. I get a cheat meal in every now and again — but not too much. I drink moderately. -Brian
- Hey guys, I am a big fan of the show. Before I found resources like your podcast, I only had a muscle and fitness education, so needless to say, I have learned a lot. When I used to be naive to the benefits of full body training, it seemed as though my body comp. was better, I did bodypart splits, as well as trained MMA, and I looked and felt better than when doing full body workouts. I’ve tried Dos Remedios’ program from his book, as well as Eric Cressey’s, and while I did get stronger, I looked noticably worse. I no longer train MMA, and my main focus is looking and feeling good. Is there a middle ground you would recommend, or should I stop being a pussy and hope the size eventually comes along with the strength? Thanks in advance, and I am glad you decided to stick with the show, I subscribe to at least 20 podcast’s of all varieties and this easily ties for numer one (#1 in fitness). I would also like to say, I think you give more than enough content to warrant some off topic discussion, that stuff cracks me up. -Joe
- Hey Kevin. I was wondering what are the supplements used on warp Speed Fatloss? I’m considering doing it (have done the VDiet 2x) as I’ve been gaining weight now that I’m back in school. I’m just wondering how much I’ll need to order/save so I can order. Love the the show, bring back the old theme music sometime. -James
- I would like to know what ideas you have for cheap nutrition. I am on a very tight budget and want to find some cheap ways to feed my family that are nutritious and cheap.-Matt
Roundtable :Video Games and Fitness
- Jillian Michael’s Wii Video Game
- Wii Fit (also top 10)
- Rock Band