Get this Week’s Episode:
Kevin Larrabee (Twitter), Dr. Jonathan Fass,
and Leigh Peele
- Last chance to get in on SCWebinars deal! (ends Labor Day)
- Dave Tate
- Alwyn Cosgrove
- Lift Strong Apparel at EliteFTS.com
- Dan John Philosophy of Strength Training
- Nick Tumminello’s CNS Activation DVD
- What Up Leigh?
- What are the differences, if any, between probiotics, prebiotics, and digestive enzymes? If I’m looking to improve my digestion while low-carbing, which should I take? -Nicole
- irst off I just want to thank you because I just read budget muscle early and I helped greatly. I was lost on what to buy being that its only my first week away from class.
Anyway I writing you to ask your thoughts I an idea I’ve been kicking around lately. I though you would have had the most experience related.
I was thinking about starting up group fitness classes and my college. Colleges being different then health clubs in the fact that they don’t have group fitness. There many places I can and I’d problaby only offer a strict form bootcamp type class and yoga. Investment wise I would only need maybe a boombox and flyers. I would market it as burning the freshmen 15.
Just a concept now and wondering your thoughts on it or if you’ve seen it before.
- Whats up Leigh!? Yo D Fass and Kevin,Cash has bern short lately so I am going to donate plasma once or twice a weeks for a while, I wanted to know your guys opinion as to whither or not this could/would affect my training in anyway. I lift for strength primarily. If so can I do any thing using nutrition or adjust my training in anyway to help. I assume that my energy would be low to to work out before the donation and as long as I give myself 24/48 hours time I would be fine.
thanks, you guys are awesome!
last week on the fitcast John talked about how peanut butter can be dangerous too! I cant agree more which is why I had to hide all 8 jars of my flipping peanut butter in the freakin freezer!!!!!!!! They are seriously dangerous to my dieting down!Ok on a serious note my question is for Leigh. Leigh i know you talk alot about sweetners and how they “DO” have calories in them. I know the gist with splenda. I know that there are 4 calories in each packet. But have yall heard or looked into “TRUVIA” it says zero calories but 3 grams of carbs. I have been using this instead of splenda bc the taste is amazing! I wanted to know if you knew the true calorie count for this newer product out there?Thanks guys! Oh and Leigh ” you are the JAM!” -Shari
- Hey guys,Love the show and I will try to keep this short.
John, This question is in regards to basketball. I have read that it is healthier for your ankles to not wear ankle braces such as the ASO brace or other braces. From what I understand is that the brace is used like a ‘crutch’ to give support instead of having a strong healthy ankle to do the work. Could you elaborate on this?
Also, I have had numerous ankle injuries throughout the years of playing ball (I’m 26) that includes a couple of small fractures at the tip of both ankle bones, some missing cartilage, little bit of arthritis, and a torn tendon. I will be doing PT to try to strengthen these tendons. When I do get healthy enough to play ball or other sports, would a brace be beneficial for someone like me with with my past injury history or would I be better off with out it? Thanks. -Aaron
- Hello Fitcast,This isn’t really a fitness related question, but from watching various cooking shows on TV, it seems pretty clear that most (good) chefs rarely step foot inside a grocery store, they get everything delivered (or hit up a market). So I looked up some grocery/market delivery places and they look pretty good, although none are around my area yet. Places like:
Have any of you on the show tried any of these services in your area? They seem like an awesome idea. Thanks for your input. -Craig
- Hey guys,I am a 29 year old male, good physical condition, in a very active
profession. I eat a pretty clean diet with probably just a few more baked
goods and refined sugars than I should have from time to time.
After getting some recent blood work I was informed that I was in good
health, but my testosterone level was only 330. My physician and I talked
about this but he did not see anything wrong with that number. My
Chiropractor (who is also a Nutritionist and who was a body builder for
many years) thought that this was a pretty significantly low number for
someone who is as active and young as I am.
His recommendation is starting a regiment of supplements for 6 months
including something called Symplex M and Hypothalamic PMG by a company
called Standard Process.
I am not sure if I should begin doing that, go to something like Rez V from
the T-Nation site, or try another doctor for something prescription. And
with that number looking like it is in the “Normal” range of 270 – 1080
that I found charts for, should I be doing anything at all?
Any recommendations you guys can give would be great.
Thanks so much. -David
- My wife would like to start working out with the goal of losing the last bit of pregnancy weight. The problem is she hates exercise. Since she won’t workout on her own I plan to workout with her. 2-3 times a week. I’ve been reading a lot about complexes for fatloss. Would they be appropriate in this situation? I had originally thought about having a weight training session follow by some cardio. However, taking her hatred for exercise into consideration, I think simpler is better and complexes would provide both resistance training and cardio in one shot.Thanks for your help
- Hi Guys, You provide a really top class resource, please keep it going. My question is what is the maximum daily amount of protein I can safely take. I have 1 kidney due to a tumour 4 years ago. I am switching from endurance training to strength with some shorter cardio sessions and feel I am in need of some help getting some bulk. I am 45 yrs old 174 pounds and 6 feet 1 tall I have a 33 inch waist and approx 18% body fat?. I am doing two full body workouts each week plus two days 4 mile hilly runs and two 1km swims each week. I am pleased with some muscle gain over the last 6 months or so but its starting to get pretty tough now. I am currently on a -200 calorie a day cutting diet with about 125 grams of protein per day. Hope you can help -Martin
- Just thought you guys should read this article about the Smart Choices Food Label – I dont know what is going on, but the food industry seems to want to confuse consumers even more, this is RIDICULOUS!
Check out my blog for the RANT!
Keep up the good work, love the show!
Regards, Coach Joey