Listen to Episode 69 here: TheFitCast069.mp3 (Or Right Click and Save-As to download)
This Week’s Hosts:
- Two Articles Per Week
- I have extremely tight hips and i’ve recently discovered proper foam rolling and soft tissue work to loosen that up. After my first squat session after rolling my hips i was sore a bit more in my hip flexors and i notices some form changes, for some reason my knees started caving in.
so my question is, now that my hips are loose are there any other specific areas that may need a little extra attention?
and are there any corrective actions you’d recommend to fix my knees caving inand a non related question: any tips on improving sleep quality whether nutrition, supplementation, or other things.
THANKS MUCH, -Adam Ripa
- hope all is well with you. I wanted to write and say thanks very
much to you and the rest of the guys at The Fit Cast. When I started
listening to you, I had always thought of entering the fitness
industry, but had no idea where to start or what to focus on. Thanks
in part to what I learned by listening to The Fit Cast, I got my NSCA
cert, left my desk job(you may remember my CDW email address), and
just accepted my first job as a personal trainer here in Chicago.I’ll probably email more than ever with questions for the panel, but
for now I just want to say “thanks” to all of you guys for the great
info. Every aspiring fitness pro should check you guys. -James Cleary
- I was wondering if you guys could touch on BCAA supplementation in one of your future episodes of the Fitcast…I have been hesitant, because they are expensive. However, I am reducing my caloric intake and would like to preserve as much muscle as possible.How many grams a day would you recommend and how should this be spread out through the day?
Also, the powder form seems to be cheaper what should the ratio of L-Leucine, L-Iso-Leucine, and L-Valine be in a quality BCAA supplement?Thanks,
GO RED SOX!
- What is in your iPod lately? Do you have any gym music suggestions for the audience?
- Foo Fighters- Echoes Silence Patience & Grace
- Kanye West- Graduation
- The WHite Stripes- Icky Thump
- Jimmy Eat World- Chase This Light
- LOOK FOR Keith’s picks this week!