Download Here: TheFitCast003.mp3 (Right-Click and Save-as)
- Kevin Larrabee- Health Promotion and Fitness Student
- Dr. John K. Williams: Co-Author of Gourmet Nutrition and also Precision Nutrition
- Keith Suthammanont- Creator of Redefinitions.net
Coming up on Episode 3 of the FitCast
- NEWS/Articles of the week
- Roundtable on Supplements (whey, creatine, what ever you use for supplements.
- Part II of the interview with Craig Ballantyne
Things to quickly go over
- The FitCast on iTunes, Odeo, Podcast Alley
- Tunes, FitCast
- Trying to keep the show under an hour
- Tell your neighbors tell your friends, while you are at the gym, in the office, SPREAD THE WORD OF THE FITCAST!!!
- Possibility of no FitCast next week
Protein Shake of the week
- $1 menu has created a resurgence for McDonanlds
- Currently 36 months of consecutive months with sales growth
- Revenue up 33%
- 4 Years ago McDonalds was going no where
- Then got attention with healthier menu options, but it is the cheap unhealthy foods like Double Cheese Burgers and McChickens
- 50 salads to 400 Double Cheese Burgers
- “Restaurant advertising looks very fun and social,” Ms. Schneider said. “But fast-food ads don’t show you what happens when you’re in your 40’s and your cholesterol’s high and your heart has to work really hard to pump.”
- When was the last time you ate at McDonalds? What did you get?
- Do people have their eye’s and ears closed?
- Supersize Me, Fast Food Nation
- Dollar Menu, can’t they make a $1 serving of salad?
- Article coming from Tennesee, one of the most obese states
- Proposal is 90 minutes of required physical activity each week.
- One of the concerns with the program is that it would make it hard in concerns with the current curriculum and meeting all requirements and mandates.
- Can we find a balance of academics and physical fitness?
- Again this all starts at home, the habits they are learning from your parents.
- Quote: “If we don’t attack childhood obesity, we will pay the price in premature deaths, extraordinary health care costs and frightening tax increases,” said Sen. Roy Herron, D-Dresden. chairman of the Select Committee on Children and Youth and a sponsor of the legislation.
Two Small stories I wanted to quickly go over…
- Rapper 50 Cent has joined forces with the fitness expert Jorge Cruise to help improve children’s eating habits in the US.
- The pair are offering a $100,000 scholarship for students who submit healthy recipes to their Free Lunch Money website during the month of May.
- 50 strives to be a good nutritional role model for his son and makes sure the house is stocked with healthy food choices.
- It is really nice to see a major celebrity promoting healthy living instead of biting into a Big Mac right after a basketball game, in a commercial of course.
- Two Parts of video where Gilbert goes over his workouts in a little bit of detail
- It was just something interesting that I found online that you should check out if you are interested in an NBA players in season workout and habits.
Round Table: Supplements
- We will be talking about popular supplements
- What supplements we use commonly
- What supplements are B.S.
- Where do you go to buy your supplements?
1 on 1 Interview with Craig Ballantyne: Part II
I just want to say thank you again to Craig for doing the 1 on 1. He is truely a great guy and one of the best fitness experts in the world.
Links To Craig’s Sites:
Hope you enjoyed the show!!